Allstate Sugar Bowl Volleyball
The Allstate Sugar Bowl has been involved with the volleyball scene for many years, and 2018 will again see the organization sponsor a pair of major events in the sport. In addition to continuing to sponsor the Allstate Sugar Bowl Collegiate Volleyball Classic, hosted by Tulane University, the Sugar Bowl Committee was the title sponsor for an AAU Girls Volleyball Super Regional, hosted by Louisiana Volleyball, at Loyola University on Memorial Day weekend, for the eighth year in a row.
Allstate Sugar Bowl AAU Super Regional
The Allstate Sugar Bowl will sponsored an AAU Girls’ Volleyball Super Regional for the 11th straight year on May 23-24, 2020. The event will be held at Loyola University and the Hilton Rivercenter. The 2019 tournament featured 74 teams and over 700 young athletes from seven different states playing multiple matches over the two-day event with the winners in each division earning free entry into the AAU National Championships at the Disney Sports Complex in Orlando. For more information, please visit the official website.
- 2019 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2018 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2017 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2016 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2015 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2014 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2013 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2013 AAU Super Regional Facebook Photo Gallery
- 2012 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2011 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2010 AAU Super Regional Recap
- 2010 AAU Super Regional Photo Gallery
Allstate Sugar Bowl Women’s Volleyball Collegiate Classic
The Allstate Sugar Bowl sponsored the 18th Allstate Sugar Bowl Collegiate Volleyball Classic at Tulane University on September 6-8, 2019. Ole Miss held off tournament host Tulane in a hard-fought five-set thriller on Sunday afternoon to earn the title.
Tulane opened by winning two of the first three sets of the day, but the Rebels rallied to win the final two sets, each in extra points, to capture the title.
The Ole Miss outside hitting duo of senior Emily Stroup and freshman Anna Bair were honored with All-Tournament plaudits, while Stroup was crowned MVP of the weekend. The pair combined for 34 kills in the contest, as Stroup registered her first 20-kill match of the season. Stroup added four blocks and 15 digs, recording her third double-double of the season.
Tulane was led by senior Kaylie McHugh who was named the defensive MVP of the tournament. She finished the championship contest with a match-high 25 digs and 12 assists. Freshman Lauryn Green had 13 kills with a pair of blocks in the final and joined McHugh on the all-tournament team.
- 2019: Ole Miss Captures Allstate Sugar Bowl Volleyball Title
- 2018: Tulane Wins Second Straight Allstate Sugar Bowl Volleyball Title
- 2017: Tulane Captures First Allstate Sugar Bowl Volleyball Title Since 2009
- 2016: Sam Houston State Takes Title With Perfect Sugar Bowl Tourney
- 2015: TCU and N.C. State Undefeated at Sugar Bowl Volleyball Invitational
- 2014: Local Products Help Howard to Allstate Sugar Bowl Championship
- 2013: North Dakota Upends Tulane for Allstate Sugar Bowl Title
- 2012: Pittsburgh Goes Perfect to Win Sugar Bowl Volleyball Title
- 2011: San Diego State and Southern Illinois Share Sugar Bowl Volleyball Title
- 2010: No. 16 Oregon Sweeps Allstate Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic
- 2009: Tulane Wins Allstate Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic for Third Straight Year
- 2008: Tulane Downs Maryland to Sweep Allstate Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic
- 2007: Tulane Wins Allstate Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic With Win Over Furman
- 2005: Katrina Bumps Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic to College Station
- 2003: Fifth-Ranked Nebraska Wins Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic
- 2002: LSU Tops Tulane for Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic Title
- 2001: Baylor Goes Undefeated to Collect Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic Championship
- 2000: No. 15 Wisconsin Too Much for Tulane in Sugar Bowl Collegiate Classic
JVA World Challenge
Over 1,600 student-athletes took part in the 2010 JVA World Challenge sponsored by the Allstate Sugar Bowl on April 2-4 at the Ernest J. Morial Convention Center. The event featured 165 girls youth volleyball teams from 13 states as well as Canada and Puerto Rico. The top two teams in each division were awarded free entry to the AAU Championships to be held in June in Orlando.
Cajunland Volleyball Classic
The Allstate Sugar Bowl was a long-time sponsor of the Cajunland Volleyball Classic at the Convention Center as well. That well-known event did not return after the events of Hurricane Katrina, though the bowl did host another club volleyball event in 2009 which featured 60 teams.