Allstate Sugar Bowl Swimming
The Allstate Sugar Bowl has sponsored the Metro New Orleans High School Championship Swim Meet for the past eight years (beginning in 2011). The 2019 event is scheduled for October 25-26 at the University of New Orleans Aquatic Center. The Metro Championship is sanctioned by U.S. Swimming and is hosted by Jesuit High School.
The Allstate Sugar Bowl Metro High School Championship is the premier swimming event for high school athletes in the metropolitan area. The popularity and significance of the event exceeds that of the City and State championship meets as it includes the schools of all five classes of LHSAA, including Catholic, public and private schools – ensuring that the best swimmers compete against each other, regardless of classification. The meet includes schools not only from New Orleans but also from the Northshore and other metropolitan areas.
Each year, the Metro Championships feature over 30 schools and nearly 500 individual swimmers. Teams from the Northshore, Southshore, Thibodaux, Houma and Morgan City joined the New Orleans participants.
Trophies are awarded to the outstanding male and female swimmers, as well as the top three teams (men, women and co-ed).
- 2018: Jesuit and Mandeville Reign Supreme at Metro Swimming Championships
- 2017: Jesuit Repeats and St. Scholastica Wins at Metro Swimming Championships
- 2016: Mandeville and Jesuit Continue Metro Swimming Dominance
- 2015: Jesuit and Mandeville Earn Titles at Allstate Sugar Bowl Metro Swim Championships
- 2014: Repeat Winners at Sugar Bowl Metro Swimming Championships
- 2013: Mandeville Girls, Jesuit Boys Take Sugar Bowl Swim Titles
The mission of the Allstate Sugar Bowl is to sponsor and promote amateur sporting events which will foster revenue and spark economic growth in the city of New Orleans and the state of Louisiana. Through all of its year-round slate of events, the organization has generated over $2.5 billion of economic impact for the city and the state in the last decade alone.