Roosevelt "Rosey" TaylorFootball, 1956-72
Clark High School/Grambling/NFL
- After a standout career as a three-sport letterman at Clark High School, he walked onto the Grambling football team before earning a scholarship.
- Part of Grambling's first SWAC Championship defense in 1960 - a group which included four future All-Pros. Inducted into the Grambling Hall of Fame in 2010.
- Signed as a free agent by the Chicago Bears in 1961 and went on to a 14-year NFL career with the Bears, the San Francisco 49ers and the Washington Redskins.
- Led the 1963 Bears in interceptions (9) and kick returns as they won the NFL Championship.
- Finished his NFL career with 32 career interceptions, including three that he returned for touchdowns.
- In 1968, he scored six touchdowns, including a 96-yard interception return.
- Never missed a game in his nearly nine seasons with the Bears (112 straight games) and was selected to a pair of Pro Bowls (1963 and 1968).
- Also appeared in Super Bowl VII with the Redskins.
- Born July 4, 1937.