Mike MileyBaseball Player, 1970-76
East Jefferson High School/LSU
- A four-sport letterman (football, basketball track and baseball) at East Jefferson High School who is recognized as one of the best all-around athletes in New Orleans high school history.
- The starting quarterback for three years at East Jeff, he completed 79-of-143 passes for, 1,452 yards and 17 touchdowns, and rushed for 671 yards and scored 11 times as a senior in 1970. He tallied 2,123 yards of offense on 203 plays.
- Over his final two years, led the Warriors to a 18-2-1 record with two district championships and earned two All-State berths.
- Especially excelled in baseball where he batted .413 and earned all-state honors twice as a shortstop.
- Also tallied a high jump of 6-feet, 4-inches to contribute to the school's track and field title.
- The top draft pick by the Cincinnati Reds in 1971, but went on to play both football and baseball for LSU.
- While at LSU he continued to excel and was the starting quarterback in 1973 as well as garnishing all-SEC honors as a shortstop for the baseball team.
- The top draft choice (10th pick overall) of the California Angels in 1974 and played three years in the organization, including 84 games with the Big League team, before tragically dying in a car accident on Jan. 6, 1977 at the age of 22.
- Jefferson Parish named a West Metairie playground in his honor.
- Also a member of the New Orleans High School Sports Hall of Fame, located in Ye Olde College Inn.