Redistribution of Sugar Bowl Member TicketsAt its May meeting the Executive Committee unanimously approved a series of Ticket Committee recommendations, including a plan for redistribution of all member tickets. It has been 10 years since the last process, and the completion of the Superdome reconfiguration makes 2011 an ideal time for this redistribution.
- Redistribution Process
a. All member tickets will be recovered in advance of the post-season 2011 games. This includes the additional 20 premium tickets to which past presidents have been entitled and the additional (up to 70) founder tickets that some of our members have received. In the redistribution process, everyone will be entitled to the same number of tickets that they have received in the past.
b. The tickets recovered will be redistributed to members according to the following terms:
1) The tickets will be distributed in 10 ticket allotments if feasible; if not feasible there will be 8 ticket allotments.
2) Past presidents (28) and current officers will participate in a lottery for the first 330 tickets (assuming 10 ticket allotments).
3) The membership will be divided into 4 groups based on number of years as a Sugar Bowl member with Group 1 containing the first 30 (approximately) members, Group 2 being comprised of the next (approximately) 30 members, Group 3 being comprised of the next (approximately) 30 members, followed by Group 4 who would be comprised of the most recent 22 members. The groups will be adjusted to assure that no membership class would be separated.
4) The selection order of the groups will be numeric with Group 1 members selecting immediately after the past presidents followed by Group 2, Group 3, and then Group 4.
5) There will be a lottery among each group to determine the order of selection within each group.
6) After the first round of 10 tickets are selected, the second round of 10 tickets will begin in numeric order starting with Group 1, then Group 2, then Group 3, then Group 4. There will be new lotteries for this second round to determine the order of selection. After the second round, those members still having ticket rights remaining will participate in numeric order starting with Group 1, then Group 2, then Group 3, then Group 4. The order of selection will be determined by lottery within those groups. Rounds will continue until all ticket allocations were complete.
- Incentive for Ticket Returns – A procedure has been established to provide incentive for members who are holding 40 or more tickets to consider permanently returning some tickets. Any member willing to give back to the Sugar Bowl on a permanent basis at least 20 tickets will be allowed to participate in a separate lottery to be held immediately before the group in which the member resided. This separate lottery will include all other members in that same tenure group that are returning tickets. For instance, if a member in Group 1 returned on a permanent basis 20 tickets to the Sugar Bowl, that member would participate in a separate lottery of other members in Group 1 that are giving back 20 tickets to the Sugar Bowl. That lottery will occur prior to Round 1 immediately after the past president selection process.
- Location Compression – Where possible, member ticket locations will be compressed within the sections currently located, and to the extent possible, improved by moving those locations to lower rows.
- Timing – The redistribution process will occur this summer, after the Superdome produces its new seating manifest for our games. All members will be notified of the timing of the lotteries. All members holding 40 or more tickets will be contacted to determine any interest in returning 20 or more. It will not be necessary to be present for your seat selections since this can be handled over the phone and electronically. However, it will be important for us to be able to reach you for your selections.