Louisiana Tech Rolls to Sugar Bowl Bowling Title
NEW ORLEANS (October 22, 2018) – Louisiana Tech rolled to its first championship in the Allstate Sugar Bowl Collegiate Bowling Invitational on Sunday, October 21 at Colonial Lanes. The event, hosted by Tulane University, featured 14 women’s collegiate bowling teams, including six nationally-ranked programs. Tulane has sponsored a women’s bowling team since 2011 and the Allstate Sugar Bowl has sponsored this tournament since 2013.
In addition to the 10th-ranked Green Wave, the tournament included No. 4 Sam Houston State (the tournament’s defending champion), No. 6 Stephen F. Austin, No. 11 North Carolina A&T, No. 17 Louisiana Tech and No. 25 Texas Southern.
The Bulldogs won the tournament by beating Stephen F. Austin 4.0-3.5 in the championship game. North Carolina A&T rounded out the top-three with a win over reigning champs Sam Houston State. Sam Houston State is a three-time champion in the event. Stephen F. Austin won the inaugural invitational in 2013 while the host Green Wave was the 2016 champion.
1. Louisiana Tech
2. Stephen F. Austin
3. North Carolina A&T
4. Sam Houston State
8. Alabama State
9. Jackson State
10. Florida A&M
11. Texas Southern
14. Alabama A&M
- Kendra Tryniski (Valparaiso): 204.80 average
- Dakotah Hazlewood (Stephen F. Austin): 203.40
- Ashley Channell (Louisiana Tech): 200.60
- Summer Salak (Texas Southern): 196.80
- Paige Beeney (Stephen F. Austin): 195.20
- Pamela Warr (North Carolina A&T): 194.80
- Kaitlyn Eder (Louisiana Tech): 192.80
- Madison McCall (Tulane): 192.60
- Hannah Forton (Valparaiso): 191.00
- Tierra Gulum (Tulane): 191.00