Lester LautenschlaegerFootball Player/Coach, 1922-61
Tulane University/New Orleans Recreation Department
- Tulane University quarterback from 1922-1925 and captain of the 1925 team.
- Became Tulane's first All-American as a senior in 1925 as the Green Wave finished 9-0-1 with the lone blemish being a 6-6 tie against Mississippi State.
- The Wave's only loss during the 1924 had also come at the hands of Mississippi State, which delivered a 14-6 defeat - other than the State games, the Wave posted a 17-1-1 record.
- One of the few four-letter athletes in Tulane history.
- Co-coached Tulane's first Sugar Bowl team in 1935, and coached the Green Wave's backfield team to its only Rose Bowl appearance.
- Later served for 23 years as Director of the New Orleans Department of Recreation, a voluntary post which paid him a handsome salary of one dollar per year.