Henry "Cotton" KnauppBaseball Player
New Orleans Pelicans, 1909-20
- Born in San Antonio on Aug. 13, 1889 and died in New Orleans on July 6, 1967.
- A right-handed middle infielder with the New Orleans Pelicans from 1911 to 1923 after a stint in the Major Leagues with the Cleveland Naps (later the Cleveland Indians).
- Outstanding minor league baseball player who helped the Pelicans to three Southern Association Championships (1911, 1915, 1923).
- Holds records for most games played (1,476), most sacrifices (333) and most put-outs for second basemen (3,198) in Pelicans' history.
- The only player in the history of the Southern Association credited with an unassisted triple play when he turned the trick in 1916.