Jimmy PerrinBoxing, 1933-41
St. Aloysius High School
- A top-rated featherweight boxer in the late 1930s, Perrin never received a title shot and finished his career with a 54-8-7 mark.
- Defeated Joey Archibald, the featherweight champion of the world, on Feb. 26, 1940 at New Orleans Municipal Auditorium in a non-title bout.
- Competed in boxing for St. Aloysius High School and won the 1932 Southern Amateur Athletic Association championship to qualify for the national championships. However, he lost in the flyweight finals of the national championships to miss out on becoming an Olympian.
- Turned pro on Feb. 6, 1933 with a win over Charley Feraci.
- Defeated future boxing Hall-of-Famer Sixto Escobar in 1939 at Municipal Auditorium.
- Inducted into the Louisiana Sports Hall of Fame in 1965.
- Born Feb. 3, 1916 and died April 14, 1997 at the age of 82.