Al EcuyerFootball, 1953-69
Jesuit High School/Notre Dame/Canadian Football League
- A star football player and team captain (1954) at Jesuit High School, who went on to tremendous success playing for Notre Dame.
- A three-year starter for the Fighting Irish at guard, he was named a first team All-American in 1957.
- Co-captain of the irish in 1958, he shared the team lead in tackles (88) that year.
- Registered an 18-tackle performance in a 1957 game against Iowa.
- Played int he 1959 Hula Bowl.
- Named the WDSU-TV Athlete of the Year for 1957 and the New Orleans Athletic Club Outstanding Athlete from New Orleans in 1958.
- After his Notre Dame career, he played in the Canadian Football League with the Edmonton Eskimos, the Toronto Argonauts and the Montreal Alouettes from 1959-69.
- Died in 2012 at the age of 74.