Ernie BlandinFootball, 1942-53
- Another in the line of great Tulane linemen of his era, Ernie Blandin played for Green Wave teams from 1939-41 and earned All-America accolades as a senior.
- The most recent Tulane player to achieve consensus All-America status.
- Drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in 1942, but joined the military and served in the Pacific theater of World War II.
- Upon his discharge, returned to football, playing for the Cleveland Browns, who won two straight All-America Football Conference championships (1946 and 1947). He then played for the Baltimore Colts from 1948-50 and again in 1953.
- Born June 21, 1919 and died Sept. 16, 1968 at the age of 49.