Clark ShaughnessyFootball Coach, 1915-26
- Coached at Tulane University for 11 years (1915-26), compiling a record of 57 wins, 28 loses and seven ties, including an unbeaten 1925 season.
- Took over the Loyola football program for six years (1927-32) compiling a record of 38-16-6 before heading to the University of Chicago.
- Perfected the T-formation while coaching at Stanford University, recording a perfect season, a Rose Bowl victory and the national championship in 1940.
- Served as an adviser to the Chicago Bears, implementing the T-formation with quarterback Sid Luckman.
- Elected to the College Football Hall of Fame in 1968.
- Born March 6, 1892 and died May 15, 1970 at the age of 78.